Seal-In Gel Liner Systems
- These liner styles can be applied to below or above knee prosthetic designs and incorporate a flexible gasket seal that creates a form of suction suspension.
- When the limb is placed in the socket the gasket compresses against the inner socket wall creating a seal. A suction valve is placed at the bottom of the socket to expel any remaining air and removed to release the suction seal to doff the device.
Cleaning gel liners
- Proper liner cleaning will help prevent skin issues from developing and extend liner life.
- With the liner inverted apply a small amount of clear mild liquid hand soap to the gel side of the liner with your hand to remove and dry skin, body hair or other debris.
- Using warm water thoroughly rinse the soap residue completely off of the gel and wipe dry with a lint free cloth.
- Always store the liner with the fabric side out placing a lint free cloth stuffed inside to maintain liner shape.