Updated March 31, 2020
To you, our valued Reach family members and all those seeking care and support at this time, we appreciate the trust you place in us to provide you with compassionate and timely orthotic and prosthetic (O&P) care.
As the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation continues to evolve, we are implementing thoughtful plans and actions at our locations across Hampton Raods, based on state and federal mandates and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO).
As essential healthcare providers (see the American Orthotic and Prosthetic Association website for more information about why O&P providers are essential at this time), we want you to know that we are here for you if you need us. We are still able to provide care, both in our clinics and through remote visits (phone). This includes caring for patients in states with shelter-in-place, stay at home, or essential travel only mandates.
To ensure the safety of our staff and patients, we have implemented the following protocols, until further notice:
• When contacting patients for appointment reminders, we are inquiring if the patient is experiencing flu or cold-like symptoms. If they are, we are requesting that they reschedule once they are symptom free
• We are rescheduling non-urgent follow up visits for 6-8 weeks from now, unless the patient is experiencing difficulties and needs to be seen sooner
• Patients are to be immediately taken to an exam room upon arrival if one is available. They will complete paperwork in the patient room. Each Reach facility has designated staff to wipe down and disinfect exam tables, doorknobs and any patient care devices used upon completion of each visit
• As usual, clinicians are washing hands before and after each visit and are wearing gloves during all patient visits. Gloves are disposed of prior to leaving the exam room
• Magazines and toys have been removed from patient rooms and lobbies. Magazines are discarded, and toys have been disinfected and stored
• You are welcome to reach out proactively to us at any time with questions or to discuss your upcoming appointment
• Please limit caregivers/companions to one support person with you in the clinic
We encouraged everyone to read the following link, which provides resourceful information on COVID-19 and the work place
We will keep you informed on any changes to the above protocols and provide additional information as needed.